An old family home with a modern twist…
Enchanted wooded parkland, sweeping gardens and a house with a surprise, Dudmaston is something unexpected in the Shropshire countryside. A much loved home for over 875 years you will find the family rooms scattered with photos and perhaps an odd pair of shoes or two peeping out from under a table. The unexpected galleries create a total contrast, with their formal, crisp lines. They were designed by the last owner, Rachel, Lady Labouchere, to house her and her husband’s differing modern and traditional collections of art for the visitor to peruse.
The gardens provide amazing vistas and tranquillity while the orchard is the perfect place to relax and for the children to let off steam. For more stunning views and getting up close to nature head to Big Pool and Dingle woods, while the wider estate provides extensive walking routes for year round enjoyment.
Dudmaston Hall is the family home of Mr and Mrs Mark Hamilton-Russell.
* Meander through the Dingle and compare views past and present.
* Take a stroll around Big Pool for uninterrupted views of the Hall.
* Collect the gardener’s diary from outside the stable block and enjoy all the beauty that the garden has to offer in our top 10 trail.
* Find out what’s in season in our Kitchen Garden and try it for yourself in our tea-room.
* Take a seat in the oak room and browse the family photo album
* Enjoy a travel through the Hall with the Labouchere’s on their diplomatic journey.
Events webpage: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dudmaston-estate/things-to-see-and-do/events
See attraction’s website for current prices and opening hours.